Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Embracing Our Heavenly Heritage


Something special that I tell my daughter often, (and even told her while she was still growing in my womb), is that she is God's beautiful Princess! And it's really true! Little girls especially, love princess stories... and the amazing thing is that each daughter of God has her own, special and beautiful princess story of her own. She is "God's girl," as I like to call my daughter, a daughter of the King of Heaven and Earth, of a Heavenly Father!  I look forward to raising my daughter, always reminding her of this beautiful fact, that she is a real Princess, and in Heaven awaits her beautiful crown that she will receive and wear someday. 

In the meantime, with the title of God's Princess comes a great responsibility. It's the responsibility of living "A Life of Grace and Love in Christ." To be gracious like God is to be Loving, kind, compassionate, peaceful and forgiving to all. It's the responsibility of also realizing and acknowledging that she is not the only one, but there are many, many other Princesses in God's Kingdom in Heaven and here on Earth. 

It's the responsibility of helping other Princesses to recognize their own Heavenly Heritage as well as other princes. It's the responsibility of asking God to teach you how to live life on Earth as it is in Heaven. This is what I try to do on a daily basis as God's Princess as well... and I look forward to the Joy ahead as I walk with my daughter, teaching her to do the same. I am learning from her as well, because it's very apparent how close to God she already is... as all children are.

So whether you are a daughter or son of God, may you remember your Heavenly Heritage... as God's beloved child and take great joy in honoring Him and living a life of holy dignity as His Princess or Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment